Scope of This Notice
This Privacy Statement is intended to describe Captivix, Inc.’s privacy practices and provide information about the choices you have regarding the ways in which information collected by Captivix, Inc. is used and disclosed.
Please note that our co-branded websites (websites where Captivix, Inc. has presented content together with one or more of our business partners) may be governed by additional or different privacy provisions.
By using the Site or obtaining any product or service through this Site, you agree to the collection and use of information as set forth in this Policy.
Our Commitment to Privacy
At Captivix, Inc., your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we have provided this Statement explaining our information practices and the choices you can make about the way your personal information is collected, used and disclosed. To make this Statement easy to find, we have made it available on our homepage and at every location where personally-identifiable information may be requested.
Captivix, Inc. has self-certified its adherence to the U.S.-European Union and U.S.-Swiss “Safe Harbor” Principles with the United States Department of Commerce and has chosen to cooperate with the European Union Data Protection Authorities and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner for unresolved privacy complaints.
The Information We Collect
This Privacy Statement applies to all information collected by or submitted to Captivix, Inc., including personal information. “Personal information” is data that can be reasonably used to identify or describe an individual.
Captivix, Inc. collects personal information when:
- you make online purchases;
- you request support for a Captivix, Inc. product;
- you register for webcasts;
- you request information or materials (e.g., whitepapers);
- you participate in surveys and evaluations;
- you participate in promotions, contests or giveaways;
- you submit questions or comments to us.
- Captivix, Inc. also collects personal information from individuals (with their consent) at conventions, trade shows and expositions.
- The types of personal information collected may include (but are not limited to):
- your first and last name;
- your title and your company’s name;
- your home, billing, or other physical address (including street name, name of a city or town, state/province);
- your e-mail address;
- your telephone number;
- any other identifier that permits Captivix, Inc. to make physical or online contact with you;
- any information that Captivix, Inc. collects online from you and maintains in association with your account, such as:
- your Captivix, Inc. username,
- your Captivix, Inc. password,
- your credit card account information.
Using Your Personal Information
Captivix, Inc. uses the personal information you provide to:
- create and maintain your accounts;
- process, fulfill, and follow-up on your orders;
- register your products;
- answer your questions;
- register you in programs (per your request);
- send you information;
- send you surveys.
We also use this personal information to provide you with information related to your account and the products or services you purchased from us, to better understand your needs and interests, to improve our service, and to personalize communications.
Sharing Your Personal Information
Unless you assent, Captivix, Inc. will never share the personal information you provide to us, except in circumstances as described below.
Captivix, Inc. may disclose your personal information to third parties under any of the following circumstances:
- As may be required to fulfill orders, to conduct billing/credit card processing, to provide service, and for e-mail housing (as a consequence of uses already described in this Privacy Statement).
- As required by law (such as responding to a valid subpoena, warrant, audit, or agency action, or to prevent fraud).
- For research activities, including the production of statistical reports (such aggregated information is used to describe our services to current and prospective partners and other third parties, and is not used to contact the subjects of the report).
- In the context of a business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, consolidation, or divestiture (pursuant to a pledge of confidentiality under which the recipient agrees to use the information for no purpose other than carrying out the transaction).
Your Choices About Receiving E-Mail
Captivix, Inc. makes every effort to provide you with the ability to opt-in and opt-out of receiving communications from Captivix, Inc. and/or its partners.
Captivix, Inc. may send you e-mails about your account, about the products you have purchased, to remind you about a webcast for which you have registered or a service you have purchased, or in response to your questions. Captivix, Inc. may also send you e-mails with information and/or special offers about products and services that may be of interest to you, unless you indicate that you do not want to receive them. In addition, with your assent, our business partners may send you such information.
You may let us know whether or not you would like to receive information, special offers, and promotional materials from Captivix, Inc. or our business partners when you create a Captivix.com account, when you register for a service, when you provide us with your personal information, or when we send you e-mail. Please note that if you choose not to accept promotional e-mails, you may not receive special offers that may be of value to you.
Captivix, Inc. will provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of any of our direct marketing communications at any time. All promotional e-mail sent from Captivix, Inc. will contain a provision allowing you the option to decline receiving future promotional e-mail. You may unsubscribe from an e-mail communication by contacting Captivix, Inc. at either of the addresses provided below and requesting that you be unsubscribed from that specific communication:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For your protection, Captivix, Inc. may contact you in the event that we find an issue with a product or service you have purchased that requires your immediate attention.
Cookies and Other Browser Information
Our website automatically captures IP addresses. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our website, and to help ensure the security of your interaction with the website. Your IP address is used to help identify you and your shopping cart.
Our Commitment to Data Security
Public Forums Reminder
This site often makes chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information. Exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information. Although we value individual ideas and encourage free expression, Captivix, Inc. reserves the right to take necessary action to preserve the forum’s integrity, such as removing any posting that is vulgar or inappropriate.
Our Commitment to Children’s Online Privacy
Out of special concern for children’s privacy, Captivix, Inc. does not knowingly accept online personal information from children under the age of 13. Captivix, Inc. does not knowingly allow children under the age of 13 to become registered members of our sites or buy products and services on our sites. Captivix, Inc. does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information about children under 13.
In the event that Captivix, Inc. ever decides to expand its intended site audience to include children under the age of 13, those specific web pages will, in accordance with the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), be clearly identified and provide an explicit privacy notice addressed to children under 13. In addition, Captivix, Inc. will provide an appropriate mechanism to obtain parental approval, allow parents to subsequently make changes to or request removal of their children’s personal information, and provide access to any other information as required by law.
About Links to Other Sites
This site contains links to other sites. Captivix, Inc. does not control the information collection of sites that can be reached through links from Captivix.com. If you have questions about the data collection procedures of linked sites, please contact those companies directly.
How to Access, Modify or Update Your Information
Captivix, Inc. gives you the ability to access, modify or update your information at any time. You may log in and make changes to your login information (change your password), your contact information, your general preferences and your personalization settings. If necessary, you may also contact us and describe the changes you want made to the information you have previously provided.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about any of these practices or Captivix, Inc.’s use of your personal information, please feel free to contact us by web, or by mail at:
1320 Tower Rd.
Schaumburg, IL 60173.
Captivix, Inc. will work with you to resolve any concerns you may have about this Statement.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
Your continued use of the site after the changes are posted constitutes your agreement to the changes with regard to information collected in the past and in the future from you.