CHICAGO BRASS – ARCHITECTURAL HARDWARE
ABOUT CHICAGO BRASS
Our client has been providing brand name and bespoke hardware to interior designers and architects for the past 97 years. Their finished pieces are described as iconic, architecturally relevant, and heirloom quality. Unfortunately, their internal processes were nowhere near as neat or clean. Over the course of 9 decades they had cobbled together a variety of process management systems and software packages that were never well integrated. This created highly inefficient operational and management processes, which were costing them time and money as well as stalling their growth potential.
They contacted Captivix Solutions, because they were entering a growth phase that could potentially fail if it was built on inefficient, ineffective systems and technology.
“Captivix team, and Rahul have proven to be a resilient resource. Our company operates in an industry where efficacy is measured on how we tackle hiccups and obstacles as much as avoiding them. I would suggest that Captivix’s is the same and we found this to be one of its biggest strengths. At no point during the process did we feel isolated or forced to play the leverage game. Our relationship has been, and continues to be, one of collaborative effort.”
- Disjointed systems and software across different physical locations, and various department such as sales and marketing, accounting and general ledger, procurement, inventory management, and warehouse management.
- Significant manual labor hours wasted while managing day to day operations.
- Unique business processes did not lend themselves easily to off-the-shelf software packages.
- ERP solution would need to be scalable over time for multiple departments at multiple physical locations.
- Client lacked the physical space and technological expertise for internal hosting.
- High occurances of administrative errors.
- Leveraged our Big Picture, Chunk Down analytic approach.
- Guided the project on a step-by-step basis to ensure the project was driven by sound technical requirements, and the recommended solutions to achieve the desired business outcomes.
- Implemented ERP solution on Microsoft Dynamics AX after evaluating multiple options and determining Dynamics AX was the technology best suited to meet the long-term needs of Chicago Brass.
- Customized the sales and marketing module to accommodate the unique business development and account management processes.
- Recommended hosting Dynamics AX on cloud based Microsoft Azure, instead of on-site hosting.
- Designed and implemented a unified system integrating processes from all departments.
- Reduced administrative errors.
- Availability of realtime information that increased customer satisfaction.
- Operational redesigned and system integration saved over 50% of manual hours.