Microsoft released the latest version of NAV i.e NAV 2018 on 1st December 2017. Microsoft has added certain new features in NAV 2018. The new features and functionality in NAV 2018 will make it more users friendly and easy to use for all. The most striking features for NAV 2018 are integration with office 365 , Built in Power BI – which will make management more happier, Built in Excel report – The feature that the Book keeping users will be very happy with and Bulk orders , invoices posting – This will make all the back office users happiest !!!. Apart from this there are many new developments both for the technical and the application consultants in NAV 2018.
Below are the few features that could be of interest to the application users.
- User Tasks creation and allocation to other users: Isn’t it a good feature to have that the user’s get to know of the tasks to be done from ERP itself? With New user task feature in NAV 2018, now it is possible to create task for users and at the same time it can also be assigned to others as well. Users can assign task to anyone in the organization in NAV 2018. This will really make the task allocation easier and faster in NAV 2018. Most importantly the users can view the outstanding tasks as a cue on the Role Centre page and from there it can be opened and the action can be taken directly. It is also possible to set the Reminders at the due date, Priority level, Start date, Percentage for how much of the task is completed etc on the tasks itself.
- Employee – New account type in General Journal Line: Now we have a new Account type and the new balancing account type of Employee in general journal lines. As soon as the users post the general journal line with Employee as account type or balancing account type it will generate an Employee Ledger Entry in the system. With the help of this account type now it will be possible to post the payment to employee.ou In order to apply payments to an Employee Ledger Entry users need to use the Applies-to Doc. No.field on the payment journal line or by choosing the Apply Entries action on the Employee Ledger Entry. The Document type should be either blank or se t to Payment when we use the account type employee
- Integration with Power BI: Perhaps the most striking future that the top management will be happy to see in Dynamics NAV will be the integration of NAV with Power BI. for powerful business intelligence solutions. With this new reporting control feature, users gets awareness to the Power BI reports by making them visible from the highly-used lists in Dynamics NAV. It is also possible to generate the Power BI reports by selecting the records from the list page in NAV 2018.
- Bulk Processing of orders, invoices and credit memos: Are your resource losing too much time in posting individual invoices? Is it very tedious to do the same posting task again and again for your users ? Is this luxury problem becoming a drain on resources? No worries, now with NAV 2018 users can process batches of orders, invoices, or credit memos in one go by choosing the documents, and then choosing Post selected. This features of NAV 2018 has really saved lot of time to the users and we are sure that it will be liked the most by the order processing users!!!.
- Preconfigured Excel reports: Are you a part of Book Keeping department? If yes then this feature will really make you happy. Now the Balance Sheet , Income statements etc reports are preconfigured and ready to print from Excel. The Business Manager and Accountant Role Centers will have a new option in the ribbon for Excel Templates. From the Excel Templates list, users can choose a preconfigured report of their choice.
- Easier Integration with Dynamics 365 for Sales: With NAV 2018 the integration with Dynamics 365 for sales is made very easy and the same can be achieved by the users in a few steps. The setup helps user synchronize sales Orders, Units of Measures, currencies, Items and sales person etc across two applications. The existing integration (with the product formally known as Dynamics CRM) has been simplified and made it easier to work better out of the box. With this integration the customers will be able to use the full software package in a single product i.e. NAV 2018
Web Client: Print Preview in non IE Browsers and user personalization also possible: In the web client of the recently relapsed NAV 2018 there is an enhanced feature where in Print Preview option will be available in the non-Internet Explorer browsers (Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari).
- One more features added into NAV web client is the user personalization. Now it is possible to do the user personalization in the web client in NAV 2018. Of course when we change something in web client the same will also be available in windows client as well.
- Correction / cancellation in the Job related posted invoices are now easier: In NAV 2018 it has been made easier to correct the job related posted invoices. Now the users’ just need to choose the cancel or correct actions on the posted invoice and the credit memo will be created.
- Improved Posting setup and missing posting notifications: The posting setup is made easier and now the users can see the mandatory G/L accounts that they must define to cover most of the scenarios. For example, in General Posting Setup, the Sales and Purchase accounts will have mandatory asterisk and in Inventory Posting Setup, you’ll see the Inventory Account with mandatory asterisk as well.
- Importing QuickBooks files: Now this is something which will make the Hr / Payroll users happy. With NAV 2018 now it is possible to import the payroll transaction files in the Quickbooks IIF format by installing the Quickbooks Payroll File Import extension. The Payroll data including the payroll date , Payroll account and amount will be imported to the G/L accounts as per the mappings that users performs once per payroll account.
Apart from these, there are many new additional features included in NAV 2018 : A more structured setup & extensions action, Synchronize vendors with Lexmark ICS , Posting directly to general ledger accounts from documents, Intrastat reporting improvements, Retrieve customer, vendor and contact name and address from VAT Registration Number [UK only] , Change global dimensions improvement, Intrastat reporting improvements, Enhancements for North America Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) functionality , Print 3 check per page , Submission of EC Sales List with more than 9999 lines , Image Analyzer and much more.
If you are looking for more information, feel free connect with us – firstname.lastname@example.org.