The Latest version of Dynamics AX which was earlier referred as AX7 is now called Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations. It’s the cloud based product version of AX launched to optimize cost and increase security with an AX –on-the-cloud infrastructure.Dynamics 365 provides real-time access to data & insights that can fuel business growth across any device (i.e. Android, iOS or windows mobile platforms) at any place.
With Microsoft dynamics 365, you will have no more clients installs to manage, no more terminal services and no more citrix logins to administer.
One of the biggest advantages of Microsoft dynamics 365 is that one can easily increase or reduce resources on servers as and when needed, without the need to invest high capital. Along with Azure, Dynamics 365 also allows the users to opt for both private cloud and on premise software (for organizations that are not ready to store their company’s mission critical data in the cloud).
WHAT IS NEW WITH Microsoft Dynamics 365 FOR Operations?
- Dynamics 365 has replaced the role of call centers with dynamic workspaces that allow users to focus on the completion of specific activities and all other supporting tasks with a simple click.
- Maintaining Account structure has become easier with Dynamics 365.
- Mobile workspace by Dynamics 365 empowers people to communicate between different departments in an organization be it those working in the warehouse, purchasing, sales, manufacturing, management, or any other departments.
- The vendor collaboration mobile workspace of dynamics 365 allows vendors to stay updated about purchase orders and contact information.
- Users can now create interactive visualizations and dashboards thanks to the integration of dynamics 365 with Power BI- a Microsoft‘s business intelligence platform.
- Users can now assess complex real-time data and gain insights about their company’s business performance.
- The expense management feature of Dynamics 365 allows users to configure an employee’s card Id, per diem country/region, state/province and location, display related payment information for an expense report, export/import expense policies, match credit card expenses with manually entered expenses, split credit card expenses, import credit card itemization data and much more.